Pittsburgh Tools Review
By Samiul Alan - January 25, 2022
Pittsburgh supplies tools such as wrenches, ratchets, and other automotive hand tools to the market. Harbor freight equipment is cheaper than other tools on the market and provides value for money. If you’ve been looking for sustainable tools at a low price, then you’ve come to the right place. You can decide after reading this Pittsburgh tools review.
After doing long research by checking the quality of different tools and kits in the market, we are here to give you some ideas. This Pittsburgh tools review offers some well-known and affordable Pittsburgh toolsets. Which will help you buy products according to your needs and preferences.
1 Pittsburgh's Rich 9 Piece Metric Wrench Set
You will get a nice wrench rack.
Amazon Rating: 4
Pittsburgh has launched a brand new product within the market with a complete polish metric adjustment wrench. This set includes 12-point box finishes with a 15-degree wrench for each combination.
To solve organization and storage problems the wrench set comes with a durable wrench rack. Offset has been provided to assist reach the shortest space.
- Poly wrench rack.
- 15 deg. offset.
- 12-point box finish.
- Meets ANSI standards.
- Coating: Chrome.
- Finish: Totally polished.
- Material: Chrome vanadium steel.
- Product Weight: 1.7 pounds.
- Quantity: 9
- SAE or Metric: Metric
- Head Style: Box End
- Package Dimensions: 9.2inch x 7.3inch x 1.5inch.
- Shipping Weight: 1.85 pounds.
- Size: 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 19 (mm)
2 Pittsburgh 36 Piece 3/8″ Stamping Set With Case
It's quite durable.
Amazon Rating: 4
This Pittsburgh stamping set lets you protect your tools and equipment by stamping your name or your company names. It is a good and simple tool provided by famous manufacturers that comes at even lower prices.
Can be used to stamp on any hardwood, softwood, aluminum, plastic, and most metallic surfaces without hassle. The set is made with special high carbon steel stamps and every stamp bears the 9000 marks.
- Lasts up to 9,000 strikes.
- 26 letters A-Z and & sign.
- Numerals 0 to 8(Turn 6 upside & down for 9)
- 3/8" high characters.
- Protective case enclosed.
- Accessories Included: 26 Letters A to Z and a "&" Sign Numerals 0-8 with the case.
- Application: Wood or Metal.
- Material: High carbon steel.
- Quantity: 36
- Item Weight: 7.13 pounds.
- Shipping Weight: 8.25 pounds.
- Package Dimensions: 8.31inch x 5.51inch x 4.41inch.
- Size: 3/8 inch.
|Can be used on most components of the regular surface.||The box is quite fragile.|
|Easy to use.|
|Use up to 9000 times each without hesitation.|
|Made from strong high-carbon steel.|
3 Professional 301 Piece SAE and Metric Tool Kits for Mechanics
Must have for professional mechanics.
Amazon Rating: 4
This Harbor Freight equipment set comes with 301 pieces of various equipment. This toolset comes in a combination of Metric, SAE, Star, Square, and Spark plug sockets, ratchets, breaker bar, universal joint adapter, wrench, and many more.
When you are about to start your career as a professional mechanic you will find almost everything you need here. All the tools in this toolbox are made of rugged chrome vanadium steel which will guarantee you long durability.
- Made in the USA.
- With SAE, Square, Star, Metric, and Spark plug sockets.
- Ratchets, Breaker bars, Extensions, and Universal joint adapters are enclosed.
- Combo, adjustable wrenches, and pliers.
- Rugged chrome vanadium construction.
- 16 pieces short arm Hex Key set SAE/Metric; 26 pieces long arm Hex Key SAE/Metric; 16 pieces screwdriver set.
- Material: Chrome vanadium steel.
- Package Dimensions: 20.5inch x 14.25inch x 8.25inch
- Product Weight: 47.8 pounds.
- SAE or Metric: SAE & Metric.
- Included Parts:
- 158 SAE & metric sockets with 48 SAE & metric bit sockets.
- 24 screwdrivers with 3 pliers (diagonal cutting, long nose, linesman)
- 10 SAE & metric combination wrenches.
- 42 SAE & metric hex keys.
- Extension bars and adapters
- Ratchets and universal joint adapters.
|The tools come in different sizes.||A little more expensive.|
|Useful and essential 301 piece equipment.|
|A durable and strong case with a lock and handlebar.|
4 Pittsburgh Best 1816 Tool Test Probe Set
Mainly used for circuit detection and O-ring removal.
Amazon Rating: 4
Probes are very useful and suitable for work like circuit search, O-ring removal. It offers 5 types of probes for you. So, you should keep a set of probes in your garage for a hassle-free work environment.
In addition to being used for circuit detection and O-ring removal, you can use these probes to recover washers or small items that fall into tight spaces while working on the engine. Also, the surgically sharp tips have made them easy to use and quick to perform.
- Stainless Steel.
- Usable for circuit probing.
- O-rings remover.
- Retrieving washers and other fine detail applications.
- Sharp tips are made of stainless steel for a long-lasting user experience.
- Rubber stoppers on the points.
- Material: Stainless steel.
- Finish Type: Chrome.
- Product Dimensions: 8inch x 0.5inch x 0.5inch
- Product Weight: 0.2 pounds.
- Shipping Weight: 0.20 pounds.
|Good for small-scale work.||Does not come with a storage case.|
|Rubber lining protection at points.|
|Much better at lower prices.|
|It's durable, as well as easy to use.|
5 Pittsburgh Automotive Heavy Duty Steel Floor Jack
A professional quality floor jack. Useful for automotive workers.
Amazon Rating: 4
When you are looking for an alternative to lifting heavy things in your workshop, you can rely on Pittsburgh. This professional floor jack is a thing that can lift up to 6000 pounds. While it is worth only 7 pounds by itself. It will help you lift anything from 3&1/8 inches to 19&7/8 inches in length.
If you look at the build quality you will see that the whole construction is rigidly welded and properly complies with the standards. Besides, stability is ensured by super-wide steel casters.
Ultra-low profile floor jacks reach the bottom of most vehicles you need to work on. It comes with a dual parallel pumping system which ensures high lift at low pumping. It will surely save you both time and energy.
- Low profile for easy installation under custom vehicles.
- The universal joint release provides precise load control at any handle position.
- Professional quality tool for professional mechanics and hardcore automotive workers.
- Extra-wide steel casters offered for better stability.
- There are far fewer pumps than the exclusive dual parallel pump system called Rapid Pump.
- Super tough precision welded construction.
- Material: Steel.
- Product Dimensions: 28inch x 12inch x 10inch
- Item Weight: 75.1 pounds.
- Colour: Red.
|It's absolutely easy to use.||Some may have faced fluid leaks.|
|Of course, you will get more than you pay.|
|A long-time user service without any hassle.|
|Can go effortlessly under most vehicles.|
Things to Consider:
The Pittsburgh line introduced harbor freight equipment in 1984. Since then they have provided their customers with more advanced tools and accessories for construction, shop, automotive, and home use. If you are a mechanic then you might know about all the Pittsburgh tools. However, if you are a normal person who wants to do your household work then these Pittsburgh tools are also for you. You do not need all the Pittsburgh tools mentioned above. You can buy a Pittsburgh hammer, some screwdrivers, and some stubby ratchets for your daily household work.
While choosing Pittsburgh tools, many people hesitate while thinking about the price. But if you are a household worker you need not worry about the price. You'll have to spend some money but not so much for buying all those tools for your household work. On the other hand, if you are a mechanic then you also don't have to worry thinking about the price of Pittsburgh tools. You can easily buy any set of Pittsburgh tools with a lower price range than the other brands outside the market.
Before buying any tools from the Pittsburgh store, we recommend you call their hotline number first. Then submit your order, carefully fill up all about yourself and pay your bills. Don't go to any fraud for buying Pittsburgh products. After receiving the product, you should check it properly. If there is a problem, call customer service to resolve it.
Are Pittsburgh tools good?
Ans: Obviously they are. Many have purchased several Pittsburgh tools over the years, and they never fail to impress. Though the Pittsburgh line of tools seriously has a lifetime warranty on every tool.
Are Pittsburgh tools high quality?
Ans: Though Pittsburgh tools are cheap in price but as much durable as other competitive tools from the market. You will get what you will pay from Pittsburgh products.
Are Harbor Freight tools made in China?
Ans: Many of their top competitors design and manufacture all their equipment in partnership with the same factory.
What tools should I not buy from Harbor Freight?
Ans: You can choose which tools you need and which not. If you are a mechanic then you need much more tools depending on your tasks. Besides, if you are not a mechanic then you need some of the handy tools such as a hammer, screwdriver, etc.
Why are Harbor Freight tools so cheap?
Ans: Harbor Freight tools are made mostly in China. They use a type of bargaining plastic that is submerged directly in gas from hard as dry ice, formaldehyde and pickled sea cucumbers lose their mass year after year in an intense portion.
Pittsburgh equipment is cheap but durable. From the beginning of their business, they are always looking to ensure the quality of their products. The products from Pittsburgh will definitely satisfy you. If you are looking for low-cost tools in the market, Pittsburgh is the best option for you. You can be sure that you will not be disappointed after getting your best Harbor Freight equipment from this line. So, You can buy tools from this particular line without hesitation, as Pittsburgh offers the best automotive and garage equipment brand to your liking. We hope this Pittsburgh tools review proved useful for you.